Wednesday, June 11, 2008

When it Rains it Pours

Good news always comes in clumps...ever notice that? (Unfortunately, bad news comes in clumps too)...today was good news for me though, and that is always worth sharing.

Today I found out that one of my photos was published in very nice book (and I also received a nice little payment for the photo as well). The book is about forestry in Indonesia, and one of my underwater photos was used...

I also found out today that a photo I took up at the Freeport Mine in Papua will be used in a book about mining and the environment...I will let you know more about that one when I hear more news...

Here is the cover of the Forestry book...


There is my photo on the left-hand page...


My other good news today is that my profile was featured in Jason Moore's Photoshop & Photography blogroll...if you are interested in learning more about me go to Jason's site and read my profile, and get a better look at my big bald head...

Also featured on Jason's site is fellow blogger, Troy, from Ramblings Around Texas...and I have seen Stacey's name on Jason's blog as well...Stacey from "A focus in the Wild" fame...

You can check out Jason's Blog HERE...

8 comments:

sonia a. mascaro said...

Hi Scotty, congratulations! Just great! I will go to read your interview soon.

But I don't know why, I can't open those photos... I will try later.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow! Now I can see those images! Great! Well done!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ... hope you save some of that cash for a beer or two ...

Texas Travelers said...

Yeah. What Quint said. Put some beer in the boat and the back of the jeep for a hot day. On ice, of course.

Congrats on the book. Nice job.

They made a good choice, your underwater photos are truly spectacular.

Have a great day,
Troy

Texas Travelers said...

PS: Thanks for the plug.
Troy

kjpweb said...

Congrats! Well deserved! So it ain't too bad when it pours, huh? Cheers, Klaus

Tom said...

Well done... I very rarely get to see an head that's more bald than mine... at least you don't have a big daft tattoo. or two on top...
I do

Stacey Olson said...

Scotty, that is so great that they are publishing your pictures.. they are great photos.. Thanks for the link (wink) and You look much younger than most with a bald head(grin) Have a great weekend.