Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back From Vegas

OK, I didn't win, but this photo did get me the second place prize of a wacom tablet and some free software...not bad!! I didn't think the winning photo was very good, but then again, I am biased...

I am back from Vegas, and it was just great!! Some of the best photographers, graphic designers, and Photoshop experts in the world were there giving away their secrets. It was so cool to sit in classes and to ask direct questions to the world's best in the business...I learned heaps, but hope I can remember everything I learned...

It is good to be home, though....it was a VERY long flight!!

9 comments:

kjpweb said...

Wow - got yourself a tablet? Cool!
Congrats!
Glad you're back in one piece!
Cheers, Klaus

Ivar Østtun said...

Congratulations. I love your work. Very inspiring :-)

Louise said...

Love the colors, lighting, shadows and composition here. (Like I've never said those exact words about your work before.) Still can't believe there are people who know more about Photoshop than you. And it's too bad you can't show us the "winning" photo. Having a hard time imagining it topping what you do.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me so much of the Philippines. I've done this a time or two while on vacation.

Anonymous said...

I love this photo. Congrats on your accomplishment.

Paz

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wish I'd know about that conference. Sounds like something I would have enjoyed and it was in Vegas too? :-D Love the shot and congrats! I see I'm going to have to add you to my blog list.
;-)

Anonymous said...

This is a stunning photo. I like everything about it. Congrats on your win.

Unknown said...

Fabulous, almost like a painting.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Scotty: Congrats on the winning of the second place. Your photos always impress me.