Monday, October 13, 2008

Angkor At Sunrise

The first time I visited Angkor Wat in Cambodia, it was still little visited by tourists and I was able to walk around most of the temples pretty much by myself...when I went to take photos of the sunrise, there was only one other guy there...we both set up our tripods and sat by the little pond waiting for the sun to rise...

Then two years ago, I went back...wow, the tourists had discovered Angkor Wat. I was no longer alone in my walks...most everywhere I went (with exception of the more remote temples), I had to wait for hordes of tourists to move away before snapping some photos. The sunrise was packed!! There must have been over 300 people there...oh well, good for Cambodia, but not good for us photographers, and not sure if it is good for Angkor Wat either...

9 comments:

Cathy said...

Awesome reflection. Well worth the wait..

Allison said...

Absolutely beautiful

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Paz

kjpweb said...

Outstanding! You got to get the Tourists drunk the day before! ;)

Cheers, Klaus

Unknown said...

Brilliant colors

Ivar Østtun said...

Such beautiful color. I agree with Klaus. Or perhaps you should try to scare them away...somehow

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow, what an amazing shot.

chrome3d said...

Brilliant colour and shape. Simple and excellent.

Louise said...

Spectacular. The color is unbelievable. A new favorite on this site.