Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Internet Is Driving Me Crazy

So, there I was last night, trying to post to my blog...I have one of those USB hook-ups that connects with some tower, that connects to some satellite in space....you have to "dial-up" to get a connection, and then just hope that the connection is kept connected while you are on-line. Well, it took me 31 tries to connect (22 minutes)....yes, finally, got connected....then, I tried to get to my homepage (this blog)...took 15 minutes to load my page...then, I had to sign-in to blogger...another 10 minutes for that (got disconnected while trying, then another 10 attempts to get back on-line)...then I had to wait another 15 minutes to open the "create a new post" window. THEN, I tried 22 times to load a photo...no go, kept watching that insane "loading circle" spin for hours, and then a message that the signal was disrupted...

After yelling many obsenities at my compute screen and banging my desk in disgust, I gave up....

Hence, no blog entry last night...

I am now at work where the connection is not bad....but, I really don't have much time at work to play....but will post a photo now in case I have the same problem tonight (you can bet on that)...


6 comments:

Eve said...

This takes having a 'tree fort' to a whole new level! Fantastic - what fun!

Ivar Østtun said...

Feel sorry for your internet connection. I couldn´t cope with that. Sometimes I feel my 20/3.5 Mb line is slow.... Well I won´t complain after reading this :-)

Kids and water. A perfect match. They are always having fun in and nearby water. A beautiful photo.

Jane Hards Photography said...

This is a wonderful image. I know all about intertnet problems.

UKMBF Dharma Group said...

What a beautiful and calm scene here! I love those tree trunks and the colour of the whole picture.

Anonymous said...

I love this photo.

Paz

Stacey Olson said...

LOL.. I am a few days late, so I have seen the yurt, wild horses, trecking trails, and golfing in the gobi... and I am supposed to feel sorry for you lol (wink) slow or disfunctional internet can really be frustrating, just remember the yurt... beautiful photos.. wonderful memories.. thanks for sharing