Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ghost Pipe Fish

There are many varieties of Ghost Pipe Fish...I had been hunting for this one for many years. They are not rare fish, but they are very difficult to find. They blend into their environment very well. Lucky for me, I had a divemaster that knew where this one hung out, and was able to find it for me. They are tricky to photograph as they are always turning sideways and moving. I took about 40 shots of it, and was lucky to get a good shot...and even more lucky to have him posing in front of the red coral...

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I saw some of these fish at the Dallas World Aquarium and thought they were the most beautiful & unusual fish I had ever seen. To see them in the wild must have been a big "WOW"!

Huzhar said...

Outstanding shot and beautiful creature..

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing! Love the texture of the coral! You lead such an exciting life!LOL! Lu

Tarolino said...

I do so much admire your amazing photography. I just cannot understand that someone can get these kinds of shots. I want to give you an award if you'd like to accept it. The snag is you need to come and copy it from my blog into yours.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic textures and colours.
Quint.

Anonymous said...

Very cool. I've never seen this before.

Paz