Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Most Unique Dive In The World

This photo was taken in the ocean, believe it or not. See the jungle above the water?? Is that cool or what??

This dive is called, "The Passage", and it is the most unique dive in the world in my opinion. There are all of these mushroom type, limestone islands scattered around the islands of Raja Ampat. The ocean rips in and around these islands like a river. The current is very strong, but you just glide along the sides, and then duck into protected bays...there are huge fan corals right next to the surface, and you look up and see the jungle above....

Very wild stuff...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally unreal and a tiny bit cooler than the freakin' Highway, that I'm staring at right now. ;)

Great job!
Cheers, Klaus

Heidenstrom said...

fantastico !

Huzhar said...

This is so amazing! Underwater shot, the image so clear even image outside water. You are right, this is so cool..

kRiZcPEc said...

A place to dream of! Great view!

Anonymous said...

Scotty, this photo is phenomenal! I love the color of the coral, and the sun rays are awesome, & is that little fishies swimming in the top right or bubbles? No matter, it's great!

Girl Tornado said...

I agree with Tricia, PHENOMENAL! This photo is stunningly beautiful, it takes my breath away. So unique and different.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Scotty: That is really nicely shown in the water.

Tarolino said...

I'en looking through your work and it is strikingly beautiful. I cannot beleive that someone can get photos of this standard. They really are the most wonderful selection. I added myself as a follower.

Mariz said...

Absolutely stunning! This is superb work Scotty! I hope I could try something like this in the future. Btw, thanks for the nice comments.

Enjoy your day!
Mix Pix
Reflections by Mariz