Monday, January 11, 2010

Times Square In New York City

Here is another Black and White VS. Color photo...

This is, of course, the famous Times Square in NY the day before New Year's Eve...this shot is a five-photo HDR shot hand-held (I didn't have my tripod with me). Processed in Photomatix, and then finished off in Photoshop (to remove ghosting). I also used Nik Color Effex Pro 3.0 plug-in for the color version...can't remember which effect I used though. Nik Software is awesome, by the way...especially for shots like this where there are tons of colors...you can get really creative, and it is fun and easy to use.

By the way, this blog does not do these photos justice...you should see them full size on my 24 inch Mac...they look very cool! I might have to make a BIG print later and hang it in my office...hee hee....

I will have another color/B&W for you to compare tomorrow...


5 comments:

The Koltais said...

I like the black and white but the color is a bit cooler. I vote color.

Anonymous said...

Very cool photos. I'm enjoying seeing New York through your eyes. I'm also having fun looking at the color and B&W versions. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Paz

Quint said...

Don't get angry but here I think b/w is a bit moody!
But it's a great job.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

There's sooo much to look at in NYC, colors everywhere in every single fraction of an inch there & it's WILD! Your photography makes it hard to choose which I like best here, so I won't - They're both INCREDIBLE!