Sunday, June 06, 2010

Shooting Pigs For a Funeral

First off, I must apologize for not making a post since Wednesday. I try to post a new photo every day except Saturdays, but got wrapped up in work, and my internet was down for two days as well. It is actually pretty tough to post every day...I have a pretty large catalog of photos, but I am in need of some new stuff. Now that summer is here, I plan on making a few trips to fill up my "tank" of photos...

Below is a photo I took of the chief of a small village in Papua shooting a pig for a funeral. An important man in the village had died, and many pigs were killed in his honor. The funeral lasted a few days, and was an incredible event to be invited to witness.

3 comments:

Sciarada said...

Hi Scotty, the desription of this world into your pic is for me precious, it shall be keep.

Carolyn Ford said...

This is amazing...and, you were invited to be there. How fortunate you are to see this side of the world and its people.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Wonderful photo. I like this photo and the way the man is concentrating at his target. Look at that strong-looking arm, extended. Where were the women?

Paz