Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Very Cool Bird

I am not a bird expert. I guess I have should have done some research to find out the name of this bird....but wow, is nature amazing or what? I don't think your best designers out there could have come up with something better than this...I wonder if the females of this species judges the guys based on their head feathers...maybe a female bird conversation something like this...

"Hey Alice.....check out the plumage over there....that guy is HOT...sure like to ruffle his feathers..."

"He's HOT, Sue,....great plumage...but I don't like his beak...he probably can't fly either..."

8 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

A magnificent photo of a very magnificent bird, and I once thought the peacock was hard to beat. I think I have changed my mind after seeing this beauty.

Carolyn Ford said...

Very cool shot of a very cool bird!

Dancin Fool said...

It's unbelievable isn't it. Wonderful shot. I am off to try and find out what it is!

Valerie @ Composition-Life said...

That is a spectacular bird! excellent photograph - I love the detail in the feathers

Dot said...

Stunning!

Ma.links said...

Stunning.

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

I can't believe how stunning this photo is!!!

Eve said...

What a fun photo! I love the colors!