Friday, August 06, 2010

Where The Gladiators Played

The Colosseum was my favorite place to visit in Rome. Of course, they told us on the tour of the place to not believe any of the movies we saw....like "The Gladiator". That crushed me. I was really hoping it would have been true. For example, they said no man ever fought an animal in the colosseum. Only animals fought other animals. There were also ties in the man against man fights...they wouldn't always fight till death. Even if the movies got the history all wrong, it was still an amazing place to see and imagine what it must have been like two thousand years ago...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this shot and all your shots of italy! glad your new camera and lens are working out for you.

paz

Dancin Fool said...

Umm frankly I don't believe them, it's not that I don't want to!!

Wonderful image!