Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Marina Sands Hotel

This is the new Marina Sands Hotel in Singapore. You may have seen the show on Discovery Channel that describes the building of this amazing place...it really is an amazing feat of engineering. Tika and I went to the top "sky garden" and had an amazing view of the city 56 floors up (I will post a photo of the view this week). There is also a large pool up there with glass walls that looks over the city. I tried to get a photo of the pool, but I was not allowed since I was not a guest of the hotel...I guess I will just have to return as a guest someday...

5 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Ooh, I've seen a picture of the pool. Very scary.
I have a friend teaching at a university in Singapore, and I've thought about visiting, but not to see the roof of this hotel.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Carolyn Ford said...

WOW and WOW again! This is an incredible perspective of this incredible structure! I would swim in that pool in a heart-beat! What an experience that would be! Awesome, Scott!

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Bellissimi colori pastello !
Buona serata.
Myriam :)

Anonymous said...

very cool shot.

paz

Elena said...

Impresionante perspectiva. Saludos. Elena.