Thursday, July 07, 2011

A Week In The Turks and Caicos

Just returned (to Virginia) from a week's vacation in the Turks and Caicos. I did some diving, but it just did not compare to the diving I am used to in Indonesia. I didn't bring my underwater camera with me, so just got some family shots and a couple of beach shots (below).

I am not usually a big "resort" kind of guy, but since we were celebrating my parent's 50th wedding anniversary, the entire family decided to stay at the Beaches Resort! It was expensive, but everything was inclusive. We could eat and drink as much as we liked when we wanted. It felt weird to go into a restaurant, gorge ourselves with food and drink, and then walk away without paying a bill or leaving a tip...in the end, I really liked the resort type of vacation!!

2 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

A beautiful beach photo, Scotty, but I can't believe you didn't have your underwater camera.
Wonderful to celebrate your parents' anniversary with a family trip.
My family did the same, going to Scotland and England so Dad could see places he'd seen during WWII. By the time they died, my parents had been married more than 60 years, and we were still talking about that family trip.
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Mr. Charleston said...

Sadly, the Bahamian reefs have been almost fished-out and are close to total collapse. The Bahamian's used to do things like drop bleach bottles on the reef to stun the fish. Unfortunately, as I'm sure you know, it also killed everything else nearby.