Monday, August 15, 2011

Part 3: Where They Live

I am trying something new on this blog...

I visited the Jakarta Dump again this past weekend. I thought it might be cool to do a "photo essay" on what I saw and experienced while there. Since the blog posts are done with the current day first, I will start with "Part 3" today, and then do "Part 2" on Wednesday, and "Part 1" on Friday. After Friday, you can just scroll down to see the entire essay...

After visiting the dump, and climbing the mountain of trash, we went to the neighboring "kampung" (village) where all the trash pickers live. Most all of the houses were made from the trash found in the dump. Even the clothes and shoes the people wear were found in the dump...

"WHERE DO THEY LIVE?"







2 comments:

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Excellent reportage photos.

Regards!

Travis Scott said...

Apptoko is the best android app store to be found alternative to Google Play Store.