Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cinque Terre

I was going through some of my older photos last night, and was very pleasantly surprised to find some photos I took in Italy two summers ago were still in my files....I thought I had lost all of them when my Drobo failed. I did lose ALL my photos from Venice, but I had most of my photos from Rome, Florence and Cinque Terre...of course, all the files that I had worked on for hours were lost, so I had to re-work the photo below...speaking of which, the photo below is actually a panoramic consisting of eight vertical images...I often go back and re-work some of my older stuff. I have learned so many new things in the past few years, that it is often good to go back and start from scratch with some of my older images. Some of the stuff I did years ago, I wonder now what I was thinking back then...hehe...

4 comments:

Mr. Charleston said...

I'm doing the same thing, re; combining photos for panorama and revisiting old photos. I prefer to think that I'm learning instead of rethinking not thinking. Beautiful shot.

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, this is #1 on my bucket list, Scotty. My husband wants to go to Venice, so I keep telling him Cinque Terre isn't far away by Canadian standards, and it really isn't. Isn't it lovely?
Hard to believe this is eight vertical images. You do great work!
K

kRiZcPEc said...

What a shot! Bright colors and...it cheers me up. :)

Grace | labor posters said...

People living in this place are so lucky. Seeing this view in the morning or before sleeping is amazing! Nice photo.