Thursday, March 01, 2012

What I See VS. What My Wife Sees

What did I notice when walking through the back side of the Botanical Gardens in Bogor? I saw an interesting stack of old flower pots, I saw some broken bamboo randomly leaning up against the wall next to the pots, I liked the randomness of the piles of pots, and most of all, I noticed a very colorful wall of algae growth and other textures, and the ground was also full of color and texture...I saw the potential of the colors being enhanced even more in Photoshop, later. I saw what would look like a nice painting...

My wife saw an old beat up wall and some junk, and wondered why the hell I would take a photo of it...

Us photographers just think differently, heh?

2 comments:

Rob Smith - Perth said...

HI Scotty

Great textures , i have always admired the photos with the textures on , but never learnt how to do it in photoshop. I know what you mean about taking photos of things people would n't even look at , but i suppose the artist can always see the beauty in almost anything.

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog that has punch and character. Indonesia and China on my bucket list! Aim High!

pete
Tacoma, WA